I aim to practice what I preach via Creative Oasis Coaching. Actually, I try not to preach at all.
Instead, I do my best to live in a way that embraces positive, healthy choices through creative self-care, lets my light shine and helps others do the same by sharing my musings, workshops, parties and coaching.
The truth is this past year has been one of the most challenging of my life. (And that’s saying something because I’ve had several real doozies prior to this one!)
Still, I can honestly say that I feel happier and healthier in mind, body, and spirit than I have in ages!
This is true for a multitude of reasons, not the least of which is the fact that over the past few years I’ve made creative self-care a priority in my life just as I’ve encouraged you to do.
So when the shit hit the fan in my personal life (not to mention the world in general) about a year ago, thankfully I already had healthy creative self-care habits in place.
Not So Gentle, Not So Pretty, But Oh So True Reminder ~
Shit Will Hit The Fan At Some Point In Your Life!
Whether it’s a shakeup at work, a break-up of a relationship, a flood in your basement, the illness of an aging parent, the loss of a friend ~ at some point or another any number of life-altering occurrences will come your way.
Even potentially happy changes ~ kids leaving for college, taking your retirement, moving to a new home, winning the lottery ~ can still leave you feeling unsure of how to navigate your new normal.
When you give yourself permission to say yes to regular creative self-care it’s a fantastic way to be at your best while feeling strong, calm and ready to happily sail through uncharted waters with confidence and joy.
For me personally, I practice creative self-care with regular ~
* Strength training
* Healthy eating
* The support my fabulous friends, family and creative community
* And last but not least, lots and lot of Creative Oasis Moments which include my “just of the joy of it” personal creative endeavors such as playing piano, singing, cooking, coloring, collaging, reading, seeing concerts, photography and more!
It takes time and support to build strong habits and I’d like to offer you some low-pressure, delightfully doable ways to strengthen your creative self-care.
Here are a few Creative Oasis options I’m offering this fall:
1. Creative Oasis Coloring Parties ~ I’ll be sharing these once per month at Times Ten Cellars in Dallas. I can also facilitate a private party in your home or mine.
2. Building Creative Confidence Workshops ~ I’ll be sharing two this fall at the Creative Arts Center of Dallas. Again, I’m happy to bring this same workshop to your home or office or host your group in my creative space.
3. One-on-One Creative Coaching ~ If you’ve never experienced a one-on-one coaching session with me and are curious to learn more, please feel free to use this link to schedule a complimentary 30-minute session. (I usually have at least 3 time slots available for these complimentary sessions per week but they fill up on a first come, first serve basis.)
4. The Creative Oasis Collective ~ This is an intimate and wonderful group that meets virtually throughout the month to inspire, motivate and support each other on our personal creative journeys.
5. Permission to Be Creative 101 ~ My complimentary guide will walk you through a simple step-by-step process that culminates in 10 minutes of guilt-free creative expression. You can request yours here. You’ll also receive my Mid-Week Oasis Moments ~ bite-size bonbons of creative inspiration, motivation and permission to support help you enjoy more Creative Oasis Moments in your life!
Until next time, all the best from my Creative Oasis to yours,